Thursday 20 September 2018

A report about mummies

This week we have been learning how to write another report but it is about mummies. Mummies are like dead kings and queens. I have used scary words like terrifying and other things. I really enjoyed  writing about it because it would help me researching about it then getting ideas in our mind.

Here is an example of my report on mummies.


The terrifying mummies


         Mummies are like buried queens and kings and the other egyptian people just get buried underneath the sand.
Mummies cannot! protect us because they stay inside the sarcophagus which is a coffin .


Anubis is a priest that wears a jackal mask because they wear it for a ceremony and he is the god of embalming the dead.


 They get a knife to get the organs out. They get the hook to get the brain out by pulling the brain from the nose and then they throw it away and they leave the heart because they think it will be 

important. Then they put them in the canopic jars. A canopic jar is where you put the body parts in like the stomach, intestines, liver and lungs but they put it in different jars.Then they put water like nile water or wine on the body then they will put natron salt on them. They use the salt to make the body last longer. After 40 days it will dry. Then they wrap them with strips of material. 



After there are done they put them inside a coffin witch is called a sarcophagus inside a secret chamber and it’s under the pyramid. 










5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there Daniel this is a very interesting report about mummies. Next time I want to know the names of the jars.What are those writing on the jars and I want to know what it says on the jars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I would fix it next time.

      Delete
  3. Hello Daniel, It’s me Fatafehi. I like your writing and I like the pictures that you used for your writing. Do you know that I learnt this since I was in Kindergarden. I really like the ideas that you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that kind comment

      Delete